Website Gowanda Electronics
Sells all corporate products through companies various sales channels. Contributes to the development of a successful business plan; conducts research, maintains customer contact, participates in tactical planning, and promotes operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Develop relationships based on dependability and honesty.
- Take engineering technical calls from the Customer Services team.
- Responsible for oversight along with account manager on various accounts.
- Assist engineering with client relations.
- Actively follow up on samples.
- Track RFQ’s through the system, assisting with roadblocks to maintain 10-day cycle, including but not limited to working on the bench to build, test & verify designs, materials and environmental performance.
- Prepares customer quotes and follows-up on outstanding quote activity.
- Maintain and track Hi-REL orders requiring lab work to meet target ship date. Assist with bottle-necks, including performing evaluation of part build, materials compliance, & review of test plans.
- Follow up leads with Rep/Disty and customer.
- Support Sr. Account Manager with activities, follow-up open items.
- Travel to areas for account calls to develop business at OEM, Distributor and CM with or without filed sales reps.
- Participate in Trade shows as required promoting the company.
- Maintain a professional projection at all times when promoting company.
- Other duties may be added as skill set capabilities are identified.
This position has no Supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strategic Analysis –Utilize a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems.
- Project Management – Propose plans of action which are timely, realistic, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Customer Relations – Encourage open communication to achieve mutual understandings.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in any situation; actively listens and responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Has understanding of the dynamic of working in conjunction with Field Sale Representatives, Distributors and CM type businesses and the detail that may be necessary in understanding the strategic support of these and OEM customers.
To successfully perform this job, an individual must be capable of performing each of the essential duties with or without accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: AAS/AS or Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos. Effective presentation skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Application of common sense understanding to comprehend instructions and solve complex problems.
Computer Skills: Requires knowledge of contract management systems, database software, manufacturing software, order processing systems, spreadsheet and word processing applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will have a strong, confident phone demeanor.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use of the hands to handle or feel, reach, with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
If, due to disability, you need assistance in completing an application or if you anticipate that you need auxiliary aids or assistance in the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 716-532-2234.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
One Magnetics Pkwy
P.O. Box 111
Gowanda, NY 14070-0111
Fax: (716) 532-2702 | email: email@example.com
Gowanda Electronics is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Gowanda Electronics will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at +1-716-532-2234.
To apply for this job please visit www.gowandacomponentsgroup.com.