Website RCD Components
RCD components is currently seeking an experienced operational manager to join the senior management team to oversee all production activities and operations at the RCD Manchester facility and coordinate with remote manufacturers. You will be responsible for creating and implementing a manufacturing asset roadmap to bring higher levels of automation and efficiency to the production floor. You will be responsible for conformance to established ISO procedures; implement practices and procedures that will maximize production efforts to improve the overall effectiveness and financial performance.
RCD, an affiliate of GCG, is responsible for creating some of the world’s highest quality electronic components that end up in robotics, medical and space applications. They were recently voted New Hampshire Business of the Year thanks to our talented and innovative staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Review, analyze, modify, and implement efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures.
- Closely interface with QA, Sales and HR to ensure highest degree of final quality and develop improved quality methods.
- Develop and communicate metrics, goals and key initiatives to improve plant performance and success.
- Maintain knowledge of machine capacity and develop solutions for efficient utilization.
- Coordinate and manage all safety training. Ensure all safety rules and regulations are followed and investigates accidents in a timely manner.
- Identify, document, and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Hire, train, supervise, motivate, and develop production staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively work to promote and recognize performance.
- Keep up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by senior management team.
- 20% travel is required
- Above all, ability to work as a cohesive member of the management team • Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent work experience • Four+ years operations/production related experience • Familiarity with low volume/high mix a definite plus • Familiarity with passive electronic components a definite plus • Familiarity with SAP products desired • Ability to come in and get one’s hands dirty to get the job done • Commitment to excellence and high standards • Ability to manage problems, priorities and workflows in a timely manner • Proven leadership and business acumen skills • Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines • Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient on MS word and excel
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills–Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Leadership–Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Diversity–Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Motivation–Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation–Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions and innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All current positions are Monday – Friday, 7am – 3:30pm.
Salary is based on experience level. Annual increases also compliment one of the best benefits packages offered in the area. Benefits include paid holidays, paid vacation time, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k and more.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, RCD Components is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If, due to disability, you need assistance in completing an application or if you anticipate that you need auxiliary aids or assistance in the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 716-532-2234.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
520 East Industrial Park
Manchester, NH USA 03109-5316
Fax: (603) 669-5455 | email: email@example.com
RCD Components is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. RCD will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at +1-603-669-0054
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org